This blog is a satire of the now-defunct ICQ chat service, which is thankfully dead because I destroyed it.

Monday, November 30, 2015

HELLelujah: The Final Dirge of ICQ


I've heard there was a sacred chat
And Lennon came and ended that
And now the chatroom's broken empty screwed, ya
It goes like this, because I pissed
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled OPs forsaking ICQ-ya

Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah

Your faith was strong but so was I
I got a thousand trolls inside
My strength and their raiding overthrew ya
I tied you to a kitchen chair
I broke your throne, I cut your hair
And from your lips I drew the Hellelujah

Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah

Baby, I've been here before
I know this room, I've chatted more
Than any dozen regulars could do ya
I've seen my flag on the Marble Arch
This is Lennon's victory march
Now you're cold and it's a Hellelujah

Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah

There was a time you let me know
What the TOS was though
You never followed through with it so screw ya
I remember when I moved on in
Took over ICQ like a djinn
And every time I trolled was Hellelujah

Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah

And you know there's no god above
And All I ever learned from love
Was how to crush your chatrooms now it's through ya
It's not a cry you can hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hellelujah

Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah

Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah
Hellelujah

2 comments:

  1. You,sir, are a true renaissance man! I'm still waiting for ircqnet to go down lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you were right. They removed the chat of their page, but the rooms linked in your blog are still working.

    ReplyDelete